DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Within the scope of this page, you, as a data subject (hereinafter referred to as “You” or “Your”), may find information about the processing of Your personal data by JIC, zájmové sdružení právnických osob, based at Purkyňova 649/127, Medlánky, 612 00 Brno, ID number: 71180478 (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Us” or “Our Association”), especially in relation to the contact form called „Wall of Supporters”, which function as an interactive way of expressing your opinion on the FAB2024 candidacy described on this website. You are a data subject if You communicate with Us as a natural person.
This Data Protection Policy (hereinafter referred to as “Policy”) contains the information about the purposes for which Our Association processes Your personal data, in what extent (which of Your personal data is being processed), on what legal basis (performance of a contract, legitimate interest, compliance with legal obligations, consent or other) and what is the period for which We are entitled to process Your personal data. This Policy also contains information about the rights that You possess in relation to the processing of Your personal data and how You can exercise these rights.
1. The Processing of Your Personal Data
1.1 General Information
We process Your personal data so that We can fulfil the purposes specified in the following chapters. Personal data are information related to You or Your activity, which are processed by Our Association, for example Your name, surname, e-mail address, etc. The processing of personal data is any operation which is performed with personal data for a certain purpose, whether by automated means or electronically or in written form, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data. Operating with personal data in an irregular or incidental way as a result of other activity, such as maintenance of technical instruments for data processing, is not considered as the processing of personal data. We process different categories of personal data for different purposes. Specifically, We may process those categories of personal data:
- Identification data (f.e. name, surname)
- Contact data (f.e. e-mail address)
- Address data (f.e. country of residence)
- Content of a supporter´s message
- Device identification data (f.e. IP address)
- Web behaviour data (f.e. detected by using cookies).
By means of filling out a “Wall of Supporters” form, You have an opportunity to provide Us with your public support of the FAB2024 Conference and motivate others to join You. You can also subscribe to newsletters about the FAB2024 Conference. In that case, We process Your personal data in the extent, for the purposes, the period and on the legal basis stated below:
|Purpose||Extent of processed information||Legal basis||Processing period|
|Posting Your message with Your support of the FAB2024 Conference on website www.fab2024.cz and related communication||Identification data
Content of a supporter´s message
|Consent to the data processing||Until 1 month from the end of the FAB2024 Conference|
|Sending updates from Our Association related to the FAB2024 Conference||Identification data
|Consent to the data processing and to the sending of commercial offers||Until You tell Us that You do not want to obtain commercial offers anymore or until You withdraw Your consent|
The provision of those personal data is voluntary. If you decide You do not want Us to post Your message anymore or to receive Our newsletters, You can withdraw Your consent in a way described in Chapter 3.1.
If You visit Our website, We automatically process Your personal data in the extent, for the purposes, the period and on the legal basis stated below:
|Purpose||Extent of processed information||Legal basis||Processing period|
|Maintaining and improving Our website||Device identification data||Legitimate interest on maintenance of Our website||Depending on technical circumstances|
|Creating statistics and reports of using Our website||Device identification data
Web behaviour data
|Legitimate interest on measuring the effectivity of Our website||Depending on technical circumstances|
- Essential cookies which are necessary for fulfilment of website’s fundamental functioning. They make website navigation possible and enable Us to provide services which enable fundamental functioning of this website. Essential cookies are automatically placed into your computer or other devices at the moment when you either enter Our website or use any of its functions.
- Specifically, We use Google Tag Manager, owned by Google Inc.
- Statistic cookies which are used for analysis of usage of Our website’s functions and services by the visitor.
- Specifically, We use Google Analytics, owned by Google, Inc. The information generated by cookie files about your usage of Our website will be transferred and stored by Google, Inc. on its servers. All data obtained by the aforementioned method will be processed anonymously and will be used solely for the purpose of evaluation of our website’s functioning. The anonymity is ensured by an obligation of Google, Inc. not to link your IP address with any other data that this company might have stored about you. More information regarding Google, Inc.’s statistic cookie utilization can be found here.
You can object against processing of Your data for these purposes in a way described in Chapter 3.6. If Your objection is legitimate, We will stop with the processing of Your personal data in such context. You can also change the cookie preferences in your web browser.
2. To Whom Are Your Personal Data Made Available?
We do not know in advance to whom exactly We will make Your personal data available. That is why We introduce only categories of possible recipients, along with an explanation of why Your personal data could be transferred to such recipients.
- Persons ensuring the functioning of Our software (computer systems)
We need the provider of software equipment, which is in position of data processor, to service our websites and ensure the functioning of Our information systems.
- Persons ensuring the sending of commercial offers
It is possible that We will delegate another person to send commercial offers for Us and for that purpose We will make Your personal data that are necessary for the sending of commercial offers available to that person.
We would like to inform You that We will always comply with Your right to obtain information about to whom, when and for what purpose Your personal data were transferred.
3. What are Your Rights?
With regard to the fact that Our Association processes Your personal data, You possess rights which We want to inform You about. You can exercise any of Your rights specified hereinafter by any way that is suitable for You and that will allow Us to verify that it is really You who made the request (that will allow us to verify Your identity), and We will try to meet Your requirements as much as possible. In order for Us to be able to meet Your requirements, We would like to ask You to exercise Your rights by contacting Us on the address of Our Association, JIC, zájmové sdružení právnických osob, based at Purkyňova 649/127, Medlánky, 612 00 Brno, or on the e-mail address email@example.com , or by other way stipulated in the paragraphs below.
3.1 Right to Withdraw Consent
If We process Your personal data on the basis of Your consent, You have a right to withdraw Your consent to process Your personal data, including Your consent to send commercial offers. You may withdraw Your consent by a request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 Right of Access
You have a right of access to Your personal data processed by Our Association and concurrently a right to be informed about which of Your personal data We process, for what time period We process them, what are the purposes of their processing, to whom We make them accessible and whether We use them for automated individual decision-making (and possibly how automated individual decision-making works). We will provide You with a free copy of Your personal data. If You request more than one copy, We will ask you for a necessary monetary consideration for providing the other copies.
3.3 Right to Rectification
If you find out that Your personal data that we process are incomplete or incorrect, You have a right to request Us to rectify them or, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to complete them.
3.4 Right to Erasure
You also have a right to erasure of Your personal data which are stored and processed by Our Association. In order for You to request erasure of Your personal data, one of the following reasons must be given:
- Your personal data are not necessary for the purpose for which they have been collected and processed;
- You withdrew Your consent based on which We processed Your personal data, and We do not have any other legal basis for the processing of Your personal data;
- You will file an objection against the processing of Your personal data, in case Your personal data are processed for the purposes of marketing (f.e. sending commercial offers);
- You will file an objection against the processing of Your personal data on the basis of Our legitimate interest and We will not be able to prove that Our legitimate interest prevails over Your right to erasure;
- There is a statutory reason which requires the erasure of Your personal data or
- Our Association processes personal data of a child without parental consent to process them.
We would like to inform you that it is possible that Your personal data cannot be erased on the basis of withdrawal of Your consent or request to erase Your personal data. It is, for example, a situation when the processing of Your personal data is required by law. If such situation occurs, Our Association will inform You about the reason for which Your personal data could not be erased.
3.5 Right to Restriction of Processing
If You think that Your personal data processed by Our Association are incorrect, You have a right to request Us to restrict the processing of Your personal data for a period of time necessary to verify the accuracy of Your personal data or to possibly rectify them.
You also have this right in the following cases:
- The processing of Your personal data by Our Association is illegal but You do not wish to erase them;
- Our Association does not need Your personal data for the purpose for which We have processed them, but You insist on their processing (esp. storing) by Our Association for determination, exercise or defence of Your legal claims.
- You have filed an objection against the processing of Your personal data based on legitimate interest of Our Association and the restriction of the processing will be valid for a period of time necessary to determine whether Our legitimate interest prevails over Your right not to process Your personal data.
3.6 Right to Objection against the Processing of Your Personal Data on the Basis of Legitimate Interest
Regarding the fact that We process some of Your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, You have a right to file an objection against this processing. Based on that objection, We will consider whether it is really in Our legitimate interest to process Your personal data for the given purpose, or whether Your right not to process Your personal data prevails over Our legitimate interest.
3.7 Right to Lodge a Complaint
In case You assume that all of the aforementioned rights are insufficient, or You are of the opinion that Our Association violates Your rights in any way, You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can lodge the complaint with The Office for Personal Data Protection via contact information available here.
This Policy is effective as of the 27th July 2020.